About Accountable Press
The mission of Accountable Press is to promote responsible journalism through accountability.
Accountable Press is a publisher-based solution to help news consumers, search engines and news aggregators differentiate responsible, accountable, publishers from unaccountable sites with fake contact information and low quality, often stolen, content.
Certified Accountable Press publishers have:
- Verified their address and contact information.
- Documented their media and business licenses (if applicable).
- Documented any accreditations and awards they have earned.
- Received initial and ongoing education about original reporting, accountability, proper attribution, and responsible journalism.
Accountable Press Also:
- Investigates reports of and decertifies news publishers with a history of copyright infringement.
- Provides consumers and aggregators with a Certified Accountable Press publisher’s verified physical address and profile information.
We believe that a more accountable press benefits everyone, and it has never been more important than it is today.
Accountable Press was founded by Chris Andrews, an avid news consumer, publisher, Google News Product Expert, and technical SEO consultant.